Join Dave Egles of HES-PV to hear about the latest on costs, hardware, techniques and case studies of systems in and around Victoria and across Canada. Ask him about grid-tie, MicroBlox, net metering, or inverters.
Some of the topics Dave will be covering:
- types of PV installations with local examples
- current costs, cost breakdown of the components, and cost trends in the industry
- how much energy a system will generate
- how long a system will last, and what maintenance it requires
- how they are being used to offset electric vehicles
- whether there is a future for batteries or on-site storage
- how much energy is saved by generating power locally instead of bringing it all the way from from Site C on the Peace River ?
- how the costs of small PV compares with Site C
- how the situation for PV in BC differs from Ontario
Dave Egles is President of Home Energy Solutions, www.hespv.ca. HES-PV, based right here in Victoria, is the Canadian Solar Industry Association's Distributor of the Year, with warehouses in Victoria, Vancouver, Toronto and Barrie, Ontario. They work with solar installers across the country.
"HES PV is dedicated to helping Canadians use solar electricity in their homes and businesses. With over 25 years of industry experience, we use our knowledge base and the best equipment available to provide quality energy solutions. Our systems are reliable, safe and durable. We have trained installers across the country and can ensure your project delivers clean, reliable energy from the sun."
Bring your questions to the meeting and find out whether generating your own electricity makes sense for you.
Everyone welcome, registration not required.
Venue accessible, with ramps.