Congratulate the City for already doing a lot towards becoming sustainable - the composting facility is first rate and support for the gardens is amazing. But we can always do better!
Join the Parks Master Plan - Public workshop and encourage the City to:
- Choose plants that provide forage for our native bees and beneficial insects.
- Use fruit & nut bearing plants as well as other edibles within its public landscapes.
- Create an Edible Demonstration Garden
- Put more money towards protecting our City Wilderness Parks that provide habitat for our native bees & other pollinators.
- Upgrade & care for the demonstration Xeriscape Garden.
Please pre-register before Feb 17 or you can just show up..
Preregister by calling Michael Doll, Parks Planning Supervisor ,Phone Ext: (250).828.3570