One Day Earthship Seminar during the Canada Earthship Workshop in Lone Butte, near 100 mile house. The workshop starts at 9:30 with a three hour slideshow and presentation by Kirsten Jacobsen, Education Director, Earthship Biotecture. The history and development of the Earthship will be discussed.
Earthship design principles will be explained in detail:
* Building with Natural and Recycled Materials
* Thermal Solar Heating and Cooling
* Solar and Wind Electricity
* Water Harvesting
* Contained Sewage Treatment
* Food Production in Earthships.
All different types of Earthship designs will be presented and discussed:
* Packaged Earthships
* Modular Earthships
* Hybrid Earthships
* Global Model Earthships
* Custom Earthships
Other material covered will include:
* International Demonstration Projects
* Earthship Communities
* The Sustainable Development Testing Sites Act
* The Owner- Builder Earthship Experience
Hands-on work at the Earthship construction site led by the Earthship Crew.
Learn basic Earthship construction methods. Come prepared to get dirty and have fun!
* Tire Pounding
* Can Laying
* Pack out
Q & A on site with Earthship founder Michael Reynolds.