For this two-day conference, Insight has developed a forum that provides timely information on recent developments in the renewable resource sectors that are engaging aboriginal participation in energy and economic development projects.
Conference highlights include:
- Revenue sharing and other initiatives – what aboriginal communities want
- Land access and sustainable development
- Financing energy projects
- How to meet the challenges of increasing time and costs associated with consultation and regulatory approvals?
- What aboriginal communities bring to the table to facilitate business
- Best case practices for successful partnerships
- Building bridges between the Indigenous World and the Energy Industry
- Coast to Coast to Coast – an overview of Aboriginal and northern climate change and renewable energy projects
- The Green Energy Act and First Nations
- Contemplating the transboundary cumulative effects of hydroelectricity developments on the Hudson Bay Marine ecosystem; and
- The East-West grid: cost, environmental and First Nations considerations
In addition, attendees will benefit from ample opportunities to discuss and to share best practices with others involved in the energy business.
Networking luncheons, informal breaks and question periods after each session will give attendees the opportunity to address their questions and to establish important industry contacts. The conference materials prepared by the speakers will also be a valuable resource for future reference and use.
Don’t miss the opportunity to hear about key issues and initiatives in energy projects that are affecting the economic development potential for aboriginal communities. Insight looks forward to your attendance and participation at this timely event on December 9th and 10th, 2008 in Toronto!