BC Wide Speaking Tour on the Impacts of the Tar Sands on Communities in Alberta and BC. Please join us for a very important panel about the largest industrial project in history that has been devastating the environment and communities in Alberta and is now extending to communities within BC.
Speakers on the Panel include:
- MIKE MERCREDI - Member of the Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation will be speaking about the front line struggles of the indigenous community in Fort Chipewyan against the tar sands industry, including a plague of tar sands related cancer.
- JESSIE KALMAN - Tar Sands Campaigner with the Polaris Institute will speak on the social & environmental impacts of the tar sands.
- WILL HORTER (Speaking in Vancouver, Victoria, Comox and Nanaimo) - Executive Director of Dogwood Initiative will speak about the little known support that infrastructure based and proposed in BC provides to current and future tar-sands development.
- NESKIE MANUEL (Speaking in Kamloops) - Has been researching and campaigning against development projects in Secwepemc Territory around Kamloops including ski resort development, mining and now a crude oil pipeline from the tar sands.
- DUSTIN JOHNSON (Speaking in Kitimat/Terrace)- Tsimshian from the Killerwhale Clan. Former editor of Redwire Magazine, currently coordinates North Coast Enviro Watch, and organizes with a variety of de-colonization groups throughout the occupied territories of the northwest coast.
This Tour is being organized, endorsed and supported by the Council of Canadians, the Polaris Institute, Canadian Union of Public Employees BC, the Seirra Club, the Dogwood Initiative, Greenpeace, Check-Your Head, Institute for Citizen Journalism, Tar Sands Free BC, North Coast Enviro Watch, Western Wilderness Committee.
For More Information on the tour please email: email@example.com or call: 604 688 8846.