LEED® Canada-CI for Commercial Interiors (LEED-CI) is a comprehensive, voluntary, market-driven green building rating system for commercial interiors. LEED-CI is an interior design tool used to minimize environmental impacts and maximize occupant comfort and performance of tenant spaces.
LEED-CI addresses performance areas in office, retail, and institutional buildings including:
- selection of sustainable tenant space;
- efficiency of water usage;
- energy performance optimization including lighting and lighting controls;
- resource utilization for interior building systems and furnishings;
- indoor environmental quality including comprehensive emissions criteria.
This full-day training session for building tenants and designers provides an in-depth discussion of the LEED-CI credit requirements and certification process. The training will address the basic principles of sustainability as they relate to tenant improvement projects and present the definitive standard for what constitutes a green interior. Highlights include technologies and strategies for achieving LEED credits to optimize performance of leased spaces.
Who should attend?
- Interior Designers
- Real estate managers, owners & tenants
- Facility Managers
- Product manufacturers
- Builders / Contractors
- Project Managers
- Consultants & industry stakeholders
What will you learn?
- An understanding of green-building design benefits and strategies as they pertain to commercial interiors.
- Knowledge of how and when to use the LEED Canada-CI rating system for commercial interiors.
- Information about green building resources to use in your projects.
- New skills and insights for leveraging green design and LEED into your practice
- Ability to reposition and differentiate yourself in the marketplace.
- Solid introduction for continued self-study in preparation for the LEED® Accreditation exam (exam is offered separately from the workshops).
CaGBC Members - $365 + gst
Non-members - $475 + gst
To register for this workshop, visit www.cagbc.org