Jan 26 2016 - 9:00am to Jan 27 2016 - 3:00pm
What will drive future development in BC and how will it impact your organization?
This year's program will showcase:
- What will a potentially new leader at the reins in Ottawa mean for BC's power sector? From clean energy to LNG, the political parties have made a variety of pledges about the direction of the energy and power sectors in Canada. Be prepared for a changing environment.
- What's in the cards for BC's IPPs — both home and abroad? The province's independent power producers are strategizing about the future and searching for new business opportunities. What are the options and avenues available and worth exploring?
- Stakeholders are awaiting movement on much-touted LNG projectsand news of how it will affect power requirements, construction needs and labour opportunities. How will key investment decisions on LNG plants and pipelines affect BC Hydro, power and renewables?
- Power players in the province need to know about construction progress and continuing legal challenges to BC Hydro's Site C initiative. How is the project faring?
- The re-engineering of relationships between First Nations and industry following the Tsilhqot'in case will play a signifi cant role in the potential success of the power industry in BC. What do companies need to know as they make plans for future projects?