For the 2nd year in a row, your BCSEA Vancouver Chapter Steering Committee is teaming up with BCSEA Business Member SES Consulting for EarthWork Day! EarthWork Day is about celebrating Earth Day by doing more than just talking the talk, you've got to walk the walk!
Earth Day is celebrated globally on April 22, to demonstrate support for environmental protection. Last year we, at the BCSEA Vancouver Chapter, got together at Science World and hosted a booth at which we developed cleaning products from non-toxic materials and distributed them to the people there.
This year BCSEA Vancouver Chapter is spending the day working on the Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup and we want your help! Become part of a fun, engaging event where you and your family can contribute to cleaning up the shoreline around downtown Vancouver all the while learning about how to prevent further ocean pollution and danger to sea-life.
To register for the event, click here! The deadline for registration is April 16th!
The plan so far!
- 9.00am - Meet at SES Offices - 55 Water St, Suite 410
- 9.30am - Head off to Stanley Park: Bike/Bus/Car with wheelbarrow
- 10.00am - Split into teams (depending on number of people in group) to start at each end and meet in the middle
Garbage collection areas:
- Brockton Point to Girl in a Wetsuit Statue
- Brockton Point
- Brockton Point to Royal Vancouver Yacht Club
- False Creek (near science world)
What you'll need to bring:
- Gardening gloves
- Walking shoes
- Rubber boots (if you have them!)