Who we are
The BCSEA Vancouver Chapter is all of the BCSEA members in the Metro-Vancouver region. We think transitioning away from burning fossil fuels for energy is the most important challenge facing humanity and also our greatest opportunity to create a positive future with a clean environment, a fair economy, and a just society.
The Vancouver Chapter Steering Committee and Project Teams consist of a diverse and inclusive group of leaders who are passionate about growing the Sustainable Energy Community in Vancouver. Many of us work in careers related to sustainable energy, and think everyone should be able to thrive in a career that aligns with your values.
If you are interested in learning about sustainable energy, finding career opportunities, and making the world a better place, we invite you to join us!
What we do
BCSEA Vancouver Steering Committee strives to build the Sustainable Energy Community in Vancouver, and empower our members to take action. We organize events and other projects with 3 objectives: education, career development, and social change. And we have a lot of fun!
Some of our recent initiatives include:
- Vancouver Chapter Monthly Socials
- Women in Sustainable Energy Mentoring Event
- HallowHacks Hackathon
- Provincial Election Party Platform Report Card and Candidate Survey
- Kinder Morgan Trans-Mountain Pipeline Expansion Ministerial Panel Statement
- Federal Climate Policy Consultation
- Provincial Climate Leadership Plan Consultation
- Federal Election Debates (Burnaby North/Seymour and North Vancouver)
- Electric Vehicle Fair Event
- Earth Work Day
- Speed Mentoring Event
- Greener Buildings and Natural Materials Speaker Event
When We Meet
Our monthly Steering Committee Meetings are held on the third Thursday of every month (with a few exceptions), in downtown Vancouver. If you are interested in attending our meetings, please contact our chapter chair for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for volunteers, so if you're interested in getting involved, drop us a line! We look forward to meeting you!
We are looking for Volunteers!
BCSEA Van believes in "Do-acracy" - Doers get to choose not only what to be done but they get to choose HOW to do it. Champions are reliable volunteers who take new tasks or expand on ongoing ones and OWN what they do. No Champion, Doesn't Happen (NC;DH). If no one is willing to spend time on a task, it will not get done.
We are looking for volunteer Project Managers (Champions) to step up to ensure the absolute minimum viable product (MVP) for a project.
- Monthly Socials Manager
- Marketing Coordinator, Monthly Socials
- Communications Manager
We are always looking for fabulous volunteers to join project teams. Currently we have openings for:
- Women In Sustainable Energy
- Monthly Socials
- Energy Connections
- Data Viz X Sustainability
- Speaker Series
- Startup Pitch Night
- Interview Project
There is no hierarchy for managing and participating (ie. you can be the Project Manager for one event and a volunteer resource for another).
How Can I Apply?
- Please email email@example.com
- Tell us about yourself.
- Why do you wish to volunteer for the Vancouver Chapter?
- Which positions are you interested in?
- Why sustainable energy?