Would you like to flaunt the BCSEA colours in public and join a highly popular running race / walk? Would you like to help raise the image of sustainable energy in Victoria?Join the BCSEA team in the Times-Colonist 10K, which will take place on Sunday, 27 April 2014.
It's a circuit around the downtown and waterfront at Beacon Hill Park. In past years, thousands of people have participated. Lots of fun for everyone. Last year, we had a great time and got favourable crowd comments on our limited edition "Running on Renewable Energy" capes. Maybe you'll get to wear one this year!How can you join? Simple:
- Go on-line and register (see instructions below).
- Let me, the team captain, know that you have registered. I'm at email@example.com or 250-381-4463.
- Group training and team-building?
To be discussed once we have a team!How to register? Simple:
- Go on-line to the TC10K site: http://www.tc10k.ca/
- Go to: "Individual Team Members Registration"
- Select the Category "Corporate 10k" and find "BC Sustainable Energy Association" on the pull-down menu on the next page. Select the 'TC10k Run' option. This doesn't mean that you actually have to run the course - walkers are fine too.
- Cost: $40 + processing fee + GST, payable on line by credit card.
Out of practice? No problem. Each team member can go at his or her own pace - you choose.Group Training? To be worked out once we have a team signed up.Deadline to join the team? Friday, 21 March 2014 is the deadline to join the BCSEA team (although individuals may sign up for the T-C run as late as 26 April).Don't delay; sign up now!