The Five Most Discouraging Climate Stories of the Month
1. Head of U.S. Pacific Forces: Climate Change is Biggest Threat to Region’s Security.
2. Bombshell: Recent Warming is ‘Amazing and Atypical’ and Poised to Destroy Stable Climate that Enabled Civilization
3. Developed Nations Must Cut Emissions in Half by 2020, says New Study
4. Big One-Year Jump in Atmospheric CO2 Brings Climate Catastrophe Close
5. The Angry Summer: Report Blames Climate Change for Australia’s Extreme Weather
The Five Most Encouraging Stories of the Month
1. New York could operate on 100% Renewable Energy by 2030
2. A Big Breakthrough in Energy Efficiency Financing: Pennsylvania finds a way to bundle 4,000 energy efficiency loans, and sell them as an investment
3. Crowdfunding for Solar Power: Mosaic invents a way to bundle $1 million in crowd-sourced solar investments, paying 4.5 to 6.5%.
4. Even France can go 100% Renewable, replacing all nuclear and other power with renewables, efficiency and storage.
5. How to Get Europe to 100% Renewable Energy