Are you concerned about climate change, and looking for ways to make a positive difference? The BCSEA could use your help! Why not sign up to become a Climate Change Showdown volunteer?
Our Climate Change Showdown program uses inspiring, interactive teaching methods to educate students in grades 4-7 about Climate Change and the many solutions available to addressing this problem. The program will be looking for volunteers in the Metro (excluding Vancouver) and Victoria areas for help with the following:
Assisting delivery agents in the classroom
- comfortable working with students grades 4-7
- punctual, casual but tidy dress
- may have the opportunity to make presentations so need to be clear spoken and engaging as well as have basic knowledge of climate change causes and mitigation
- volunteer period: now until the end of April
Calling schools to make bookings
- professional and clear spoken phone presence
- organized and accurate - ability to use Excel
- before and after school hours - roughly 8:30 and 3:00
- volunteer period: now until mid-March
Data entry of Climate Change Contest results to help calculate GHG reductions
- inputting Climate Change Contest results into Excel module
- accurate, focused, organized
- volunteer period: May and June
Our trained staff and delivery agents will provide you with training before you begin.
Please contact David McKee, Project Manager.
The planet thanks you!