CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Volunteer Opportunity as a Member of the BCSEA Board of Directors
Who we are: The BC Sustainable Energy Association is a network of action takers supporting sustainable energy policy, innovation and education in British Columbia.
Vision: A 100% sustainably powered British Columbia.
Mission: The go-to resource for advancing energy literacy in the province of British Columbia.
BCSEA as an organization is run by its volunteer board. As a Board member, you will be part of the team of professionals guiding vision, strategy, fundraising, program and staff oversight and community engagement . Your ideas, dedication and skills will help propel the organization to achieve broader impact and effectiveness. You will see how BCSEA influences decision-makers and provides inspiration to our members, chapters and the general public.
Skills and Experience
Specific Skills: We welcome a diversity of skills on our Board. Currently we are seeking new Board members with any of these proven skills and experience:
- Human Resources
- Business and Community Leadership
- Experience in renewable energy or energy conservation
- Experience in governance or fundraising for non-profit organizations
General Skills: ability to work as part of a team; visionary; planning ability; strong communicator; knowledge of BCSEA; connected in community; ability to analyze and take calculated risks; long term commitment to BCSEA.
- Commit to the mission and work of BCSEA
- Perform Board governance and oversight role including setting vision, mission and strategy for BCSEA; approve budget; help with fundraising and supervision and recruitment of staff and Board members; ensure compliance with laws and BCSEA Constitution and Bylaws
- Serve as knowledge centre in one of: board governance, finance, advocacy, fundraising, energy policy, sustainable energy technology, energy retrofits, energy education or energy leadership in business or BC politics
- Attend monthly Board meetings and regular committee meetings via teleconferencing
- Promote BCSEA in the community
Time & Travel Commitment
The Board member role is a volunteer position, which requires a time commitment of up to 15 hours per month. Meetings are held via teleconferencing. Board members may live anywhere in BC and typically meet in person once each year, for a strategic planning session.
Board members must make a commitment to serve at least 2 years on the BCSEA Board.
Benefits & Recognition
- Know that you are putting your best efforts toward shifting British Columbia to an equitable, prosperous, low-carbon economy and lifestyle
- Contribute your knowledge and leadership expertise to further our mission and goals
- Connect with like-minded professionals who are passionate believers in our vision of a clean, sustainable energy future for BC
- Develop Board governance and leadership skills
- No paid compensation although your travel and other expenses will be reimbursed, if required.
How to Apply/Contact
To be eligible for a position on the Board, applicants must have been a BCSEA member in good standing for at least 3 months. Please submit a resume and brief letter outlining your interest. Applications can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is November 7, 2021.