British Columbia Sustainable Energy Association and COVID-19
The BC Sustainable Energy Association (BCSEA) has been following recent developments regarding the novel coronavirus (Covid-19). As an organization that hosts events or participates in public meetings and other gatherings, involving employees, contractors, members, and volunteers, the BCSEA is mindful of our responsibilities to not contribute to the potential spread of Covid-19.
We will be guided by recommendations and orders issued by the British Columbia Provincial Health Officer. Any changes in BCSEA involvement, either at a provincial or Chapter level, will be determined by these recommendations and orders. The BCSEA notes that the situation changes on a daily, even hourly basis, and as such we will post updates on our website regarding any changes in our involvement.
Effective immediately, the BCSEA is taking the following steps in compliance with the mandatory orders and guidelines of the BC Provincial Health Officer:
1. Any BCSEA hosted Chapter or Provincial events that will involve 50 or more people are canceled or suspended until further notice.
2. Any BCSEA hosted Chapter or Provincial events that will involve less than 50 people will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by the Provincial organization and Chapters. If a determination is made to cancel such events, it will be communicated by the BCSEA Provincial organization and Chapters to registered attendees, and posted on our website.
3. Any BCSEA hosted in-person meetings, where possible, will include online accessibility. The BCSEA Provincial organization can provide technical assistance to enable your participation.
4. March 17, 2020, the Provincial Government announced that BC schools will remain closed after Spring break indefinitely. BCSEA and the Cool-IT! team will keep teachers registered for our Spring Cool It! Climate Leadership Training Program informed about programming moving forward. Please do not hesitate to reach out to the team with any inquiries: Coolfirstname.lastname@example.org
5. BCSEA will not participate in meetings or events hosted by others that involve 50 or more people.
6. BCSEA participation in meetings or events hosted by others that involve less than 50 people will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
It is highly recommended that any BCSEA employees, contractors, members, or volunteers who feel unwell or have underlying health concerns should not attend in-person meetings or events.
Also, any BCSEA employees, contractors, members, or volunteers, per the advice of the Provincial Health Officer, who return to Canada after travel internationally (including travel from the United States) will stay away from school or work for 14 days on their return.
The following resources are available for more information about covid-19 and how to protect yourself, your family, and your community.
BC Ministry of Health: https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-feature/coronavirus-disease-covid-19
BC Centres for Disease Control: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19
Government of Canada:
If there are any questions about BCSEA hosting or participating in events or meetings, please contact email@example.com.
BC Sustainable Energy Association