Every Watt we save is as useful as a Watt we generate. It becomes a ‘negawatt’ that can be used by someone else.
Using today’s available technologies, if we really put our minds to it, we could double the energy efficiency of every appliance, building, vehicle, and industrial machine. We could cut BC’s power demand by half.
We want this page to become a complete compendium of information, ideas and products that will help you increase the efficiency of your home, school or business, and reduce your bills.
If you have links to suggest, please send them our way.
For information on the BC Government's Climate Action Plan, Carbon Tax Shift and other Climate Change initiatives, visit LiveSmart BC:
- BC Hydro PowerSmart
- BC Hydro PowerSmart for Businesses
- Canada’s Office of Energy Efficiency
- City Green Solutions
- Efficient Lighting Guide
- Energuide for Homes
- Fortis BC Powersense
- Home Energy Check-Up (Alliance to Save Energy)
- Home Energy Saver (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory )
- Home Performance Energy Advisors
- Light House Sustainable Building Centre
- One Day Vancouver - encourages Vancouver residents to take small steps towards reducing energy use
- RMI Super-Efficient Housing
- FortisBC Gas - how to save energy
- FortisBC Electricity - how to save energy
- Watercycles Energy Recovery - gray water heat recovery from showers
- Winergy Canada Inc (Energy Wiz Home Energy Audit)
- North American Coalition for Maintaining Mother Earth
Written by Guy Dauncey for the BC Sustainable Energy Association, 2006
Links updated November 2012